Paul Habans Charter School is full of inspiring people, and each month staff members highlight three individuals who exemplify the values of Habans. Staff members who are selected receive a reserved parking spot, their picture on display, lunch with Principal LaMotte-Mitchell, and the title of Habans Hero.
Habans staff are asked to nominate a staff member who works on their floor and demonstrates the selected value for that month.
“Having staff members nominate each other for the award shows how much thought goes into each nomination. It gives everyone the opportunity to acknowledge the dedication and teamwork they see happening around them,” said Principal LaMotte-Mitchell.
Once all of the nominations are in, the staff member from each floor with the most votes wins the title of Habans Hero. Congratulations to the following Habans Heros for their work to represent the values of Courage, Community, and Excellence.
Courage: We do what is right, even when it’s tough.
- Katie Dowdy, Pre-K Teacher
- Travonda Favorite, Behavior Interventionist
- Kyle Stephens, 3-8 SPED Teacher
Community: We are part of something larger than ourselves.
- Leronesha Dixon, Custodian
- Steven Gamache, 8th Grade ELA Teacher
- Bre’on Kelly, Social Worker
Excellence: We are always striving to improve.
- Dominique James, Data Manager
- Chris Justin, Middle School Science Teacher
- Hakim Rashad, 5th Grade Math Teacher
We are excited to see who wins the next Habans Hero award for Perseverance.